Carbon composite cylinders have a very high strength-to-weight ratio, which makes them ideal for weight and safety-critical applications like aerospace. Carbon composite cylinders are typically 10 to 20 percent lighter than comparable Kevlar cylinders, and 60 to 65 percent lighter than comparable steel cylinders.
These AS9100-certified composite cylinders are used to:
- Inflate evacuation slides
- Store oxygen for the passengers and crew
- Inflate emergency floats on helicopters and store energy to open doors
- Lower flaps for the landing gear
Projects using AS9100-certified cylinders:
- Boeing 787 Dreamliner
- Airbus A350
- B-2 Stealth bomber
- SpaceX Dragon Capsule and Falcon Rocket
- International Space Station
- Phoenix Mars Lander
- US Navy Phalanx Closed Weapons System
- Virgin Galactic Space Ship 2
Contact us to talk about using composite cylinders as part of your upcoming program.