With more than 100 different models designed and qualified at pressures up to 10,000 psi, we have a lightweight Type III cylinder to meet your needs.
Constructed of carbon, fiberglass or hybrid (KEVLAR/Fiberglass) composite, with high-strength aluminum liners, our composite cylinders have led the industry since 1956. They are primarily used in markets including aerospace, life support, alternative fuels and industrial gas. In addition to the widely popular Type III cylinder construction, production capabilities include Type II and Type IV composite reinforced cylinders providing lightweight, durable options.
- High strength
- Optimized structural efficiency
- Wound-in metal-to-composite structural joints
- High fatigue resistance
- Wide operating temperature ranges with resistance to environmental effects
- One-piece construction of low-part-count structures in co-cured assemblies
- Very low thermal conductivity compared to metals
- Precision control of thermal expansion and dimensional stability
- Lower vibration susceptibility
- Manufactured to DOT, TC, KHK and EN standards
Learn more about Worthington's Industrial Products